Halong Bay is definitely worth visiting. It is a great place to relax, sight see and find adventure. And it is a great experience when your family can spend time travelling together. However, traveling with kid can sometimes be a hard-work. In order to help you and your kid enjoy Halong Bay to the fullest, here are some specific Halong travel tips that parents should know when joining a cruise.
It is a great experience when your family can spend time travelling together
Here are some tips that parents should know:
Since it would take approximately 3.5 hours on bus from Hanoi to Halong, parents are advised to make a request to be collected first so that you can pick the seat where your child can feel comfortable at its best, and to be dropped first once you are back in Hanoi. For more convenient, you can also book a private car transfer in advance for the whole family. And do not forget to bring some of your children’s favourite snacks as they might feel hungry during the transfer.
You should book a cruise with family (connecting door) or triple cabin, place a separated bed for kids, some cruises offer baby cot. When booking a cabin, a triple one (with discount for children under 12 years old) would be the perfect choice so that you could place a spare bed or baby cot for your kids.
Children (over 4 years old) will be served meals (the same menu with parents), but for the small babies, you should bring: milk, tea or cookies, snack…Also, do put in mind that you need to bring suitable clothes for them: swimsuite in summer and warm clothes in winter. If all members of your family can eat seafood, there is nothing to worry about. If your kids have an allergy or a dislike of certain foods, you may want to ask the cruise manager to prepare another menu for them.
The cruise will be happy to do that for your child, no complaints. Just notify them when you fill out the booking form.
Safety on board
In order to keep children safe, parents need to:
– Always take notice of your children and do not let them climb on the handrail or the railing on boat.Children are not allowed to stand on the bow. Always take notice of the children, keep them in your sight.
– There are lots of activities included in the tours. Most will include a stop at one of the caves and at one of the beaches. If you are visiting Halong Bay with toddlers or small children you will need to be careful when transferring from the cruise to the rowing boat.
– When visiting the caves with toodles or small children, do keep in mind that you will need to pay extra attention to them as there are a lot of steep steps.
– Make them wear the required life vest when taking cruise activities.
– Do not miss out the squid fishing at night and Tai Chi session in the morning as these are very interesting activities that your children would love.
Children under 4 years should not join kayaking for safety reasons
– Kayaking is offered by several junks however this is better suited for older children. Ask the staffs on board to show you the life vests for children. Children under 4 years should not join kayaking for safety reasons.
– Don’t forget to pack sunscreen and water shoes if you plan to do any swimming on your tour. Also remember to pack your mini medical kit as there might not suitable ones on board.
Exploring in Halong bay with Majestic cruise, you’ll have plenty of time to do a lot more exciting activities. It is a great experience when your family can spend time traveling together!